Resort Commitment to guests during COVID-19
As we mark this last day of 2020, we hope you are all having a Safe and Happy Holiday season. We deeply wish we could welcome you to Lakeridge, especially with all the fantastic winter weather we’ve had in Uxbridge these last few weeks.
We would like each and every one of you to know that the ski and snowboard season in Ontario is not over! Resort operators in Ontario and Provincial Ministries are working together to safely re-open for skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
To be successful, there are two very important tasks to be accomplished during this provincial lock down so that ski resorts can re-open on February 11th:
- As skiers/riders and as members of the general public, we need to follow public health rules to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We need to understand that it is our own personal behaviour that can lead to transmission of the virus and higher case counts. To the Public Health Department this means staying within our household bubbles and limiting travel as much as possible for the duration of the lock down.
- Ski resort operators will continue snowmaking and grooming operations and enforce safety protocols in preparation for re-opening.
To have a successful ski season upon re-opening, skiers and riders need to follow operating protocols at the resort:
- Do not visit the resort if you or anyone in your home is feeling unwell.
- Wear a mask both indoors and outdoors on resort property.
- Maintain social distancing from others who are not in your household, including 2 metres in lift lines and while riding chairlifts.
- Minimize the need to enter the chalet by using your vehicle as your home base for getting dressed and suited up as well as for warming up and re-fueling.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19:
- Physical distancing occupancy capacities will be posted.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory unless eating in designated areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations at the entrance to buildings along with appropriate signage.
- Indoor touch surfaces (doors, knobs, faucets, payment card touch pads, & tables) shall be cleaned with a sanitizing solution frequently.
GETTING READY TO SKI OR SNOWBOARD
- You will need to get ready to ski or snowboard at your vehicle unless you are renting.
RENTAL OPERATIONS/GUEST USE OF EQUIPMENT
- The rental facility will abide to physical distancing and cleaning measures.
- Cleaning, maintenance logs, and rental rotation schedules to follow COVID-19 regulations.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available at high touch points areas (boot areas, helmet areas, and counter spaces).
- Staff will wear PPE.
- Physical distancing in place and expect line ups. Rental equipment purchased for a lesson program will be pre-set and ready for 2nd day of programs.
- Reducing cross contamination, separate areas for pick up and drop off are provided.
- Returned rentals will be cleaned, stowed and available for next cycle of use.
- Lift line-ups will be structured safely and respecting social distancing
- Face coverings will be required in lift lines and riding the lift.
- Disinfecting measures for lift carriers and stations may vary based on practicality, and weather conditions.
- PPE procedures in place for lift staff to protect themselves and the guests.
- ARRIVE TOGETHER | RIDE TOGETHER
- Signage placed in washrooms to advise guests of appropriate physical distancing, proper hand washing and waste disposal techniques.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of washrooms will be scheduled, depending on occupancy loads.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Barriers at cash register and counters.
- Cashless payment methods available.
- Take-out available
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces and equipment.
- Reduction of per person or group capacity.
- Spacing, design, layout, and capacity of seating areas for staff only.
- Homemade meals or any food not purchased from our cafeteria is NOT allowed in our outdoor seating area.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in our resort and in our cafeteria, with focus on high traffic and high contact areas.