Resort Commitment to guests during COVID-19
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Masks or face coverings are required in all areas of the chalet with the exception of designated indoor dining areas when seated at your table. Masks or face coverings must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
- Signs are posted reminding guests to stay 2 metres apart. Capacity inside the chalet is limited to 50% including designated indoor dining areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at the entrance to buildings along with appropriate signage.
- Indoor high touch surfaces (doors, knobs, faucets, payment card touch pads, & tables) shall be cleaned with a sanitizing solution frequently.
GETTING READY TO SKI OR SNOWBOARD
- Dress for the weather as the chalet could be at capacity and you may have to remain outside.
- Guests must use their vehicle as their home base for getting dressed and ready and for storing personal items. Lockers and cubbies inside the chalet will not be available for storage.
RENTAL OPERATIONS/GUEST USE OF EQUIPMENT
- Physical distancing and cleaning measures will be maintained inside the Rentals Department.
- Cleaning, maintenance logs, and rental rotation schedules to follow COVID-19 regulations.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at high touch points areas (boot areas, helmet areas, and counter spaces).
- Staff will wear PPE and will be vaccinated.
- Longer lines are to be expected due to restricted capacity and physical distancing requirements. Rental equipment purchased for a lesson program will be pre-set and ready for 2nd day of programs.
- Separate areas for the equipment pick up and drop off will be set up to minimize crossing of paths.
- Returned equipment is sanitized prior to next cycle of use.
- Signs are posted reminding guests to remain 2 metres apart while in lift lines.
- Masks or face coverings are recommended in all outdoor line-ups and while riding the chairlift.
- Disinfecting measures for lift carriers and stations may vary based on practicality, and weather conditions.
- PPE procedures in place for lift staff to protect themselves and the guests.
- Lift Evacuations and first responders may require additional PPE if there is close contact with a guest.
- All the above would apply to an emergency lift evacuation to rescue/extract guests from lift carriers.
- Signs are posted in washrooms to advise guests of maintaining 2 metre distancing, proper hand washing and waste disposal techniques.
- Signage is posted at the door with the washroom capacity limit.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of washrooms is scheduled, and will vary depending on traffic levels.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at cash register and counters.
- Cashless payment methods are encouraged.
- Take-out available at all kitchens.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces and equipment.
- Outdoor Poutine Shack is now available with an outdoor licenced patio.
- Homemade meals or any food not purchased from our cafeteria is NOT allowed in chalet due to limited restaurant seating.
- Indoor Dining is open for guests that purchase food from our Poutine Shack. Food from other establishments or from home is not allowed in the indoor dining area.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented in our resort and in our cafeteria, with a focus on high traffic and high contact areas. COVID-19 is easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and staff are committed to vigorous cleaning throughout the resort.
- For the 2021/2022 season, all Lakeridge employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees with valid medical exemptions must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours of each shift.
- Guests ages 12 and up must show proof of full vaccination to access indoor dining areas.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to enter the chalet to purchase tickets, rentals, boutique items or takeout food. Masks are face coverings must be worn inside the chalet.
- Guests are not required to show proof of vaccination to access the ski hill or lifts.
- Guests are not required to show proof of vaccination to access the snow tubing park.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by instructors and students while in a lesson.
- Physical Distancing between staff and students will be maintained whenever possible.
- If a participant develops symptoms while in the program, the participant will be isolated until others in family or visitor group have been notified.
- For parents and spectators: Dress for the weather as the chalet could be at capacity and you may have to remain outside.
LESSON REFUNDS DUE TO COVID-19
- Should Government of Ontario, Ministry of Health, and/or other provincial or local public health authorities require/force the closure of regular ski resort operations for the season; refunds will be issued for remaining lessons owed.
- Should Government of Ontario, Ministry of Health, and/or other provincial or local public health authorities require/force the closure of regular ski resort operations for 2-3 weeks; Lakeridge will offer lessons owing when we re-open. No refunds for remaining lessons owed.
- If Lakeridge is open and Lessons are running; there is no refund.
- Cancellations or changes must be done one week before start of programs. A $60.00 + HST Administration fee will be applied to all refunds. Programs begin on January 8th & 9th. No refunds after December 28th, 2021.