Instructor in Training
This is a non-paying position
Instructors in Training are to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by assisting with quality lessons delivered in a
professional and well-organized manner.
• Free season pass
• Professional training, focusing on personal skiing & snowboarding techniques and teaching practices, prep for CSIA/CASI Level 1
• Build friendships, contacts and references
- For Ages 12+
- Cost is $200.00 + HST
- You must commit to one or two days per weekend- Saturday or Sunday
- Commit to 7 weeks, starting on January 6th or 7th (you will not be volunteering on Family Weekend)
- You will receive 3-day training course prior to the season. Your child will be evaluated and must pass the course.
- One training session for 1-hour a day on the day they volunteer for 7-weeks.
- Minimal Ski level of Adventure Bronze is required. (must be able to parallel ski blue runs)
- Outgoing Personality, Energetic, Punctual, Team Player, Motivated, Responsible, Strong, Communication Skills, Professional, Safety Conscious.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Instructors to provide a fun and exciting experience for the Lakeridge clientele
• Assists Instructors to maintain class management and safety on and off hill
• Act in a professional manner
Please apply to:
Ski School Director
- Continue, expand and consolidate your learning by taking the Instructor-In-Training program again the following season.
- For those who are unsure of their skills. The Jr Instructor Program is designed to get you Ski Lakeridge ready to teach walk-in lessons. Consisting of mandatory training, JPREP, 3-day course and 3 day mandatory evaluation session throughout the season to help you prepare for CSIA or CASI certification.
- Register early through: SNOWBOARD: https://casi-acms.com/index.php/en/courses/level-1-instructor SKI: www.snowpro.com